Sami singing the song she wrote

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Letter from Dec 21


Hola y ¡feliz navidad!

Espero que su navidad sea super feliz. And... I was thinking about Kate this week and now she is getting married!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I asked her to wait for me and she said no. I don´t have a lot of time so we´ll get down to the important business.

I have the number that you should call to talk to me. I don´t have a card to call you but I will be in the hair salon of one of the members (land line). My time to talk is about 3:30pm - 5:00. It really should only be about an hour but we have to be done at 5pm so it would be better to call at 3:30. Hermana Grahn has the phone from 2pm - 3:30pm so I wouldn't try to call then. I´m excited to talk to you all!!!!

Christmas traditions here:

Most of the trees are a lot smaller here and they put ribbon around the tree like a corkscrew. I´ll send you pictures of our Christmas tree so you can see.

They open presents Dec. 24 right at midnight so pretty much the 25.

They eat pan de pascua  here. I think it´s kind of like fruitcake but it´s so good!

More to follow....

Guess what?

Karen, one of our investigators, is getting baptized on Christmas!!! This Friday. She is really awesome. She has come so far from where she was before. She had a lot of trouble believing in Jesus Christ but she got her answer. :) And know she wants to be baptized on Christmas. I´m really excited. I think it´s so cute.

And Enzo, husband of Alejandra (new convert), is getting baptized this Sunday. He gave up smoking 3 packs a day! He is super ready to get baptized. He is so excited every time we meet together to teach him.

I hope you guys have an awesome Christmas! I miss you all but I´m not homesick. Sorry. I´m too busy. Besides, I only have 2 Christmases here in Chile so I should enjoy them. And boy will I. :) It is a little weird to eat so much ice cream around Christmas. (it´s hot)

Our couch was so comfortable. For it I will mourn.

Tallia, Jon, and Alice Sage are so cute in the Nativity!!!

I haven´t sent your package yet so you won´t get it by Christmas but I will try to send it tomorrow.

Merry Christmas, All!!!!

Isaiah 9:6 (For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.)

love,
Hermana Smith

The tree in Sami's home

Hermanas Grahn and Smith decorated for Christmas








No comments: