Sami singing the song she wrote

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Samantha's 1st letter from the MTC

We received this letter on Sat Aug 8 - it seems they must have the new missionaries write their parents the evening of their first day - probably because we don't get to enter the MTC anymore. It was great to hear from her and know everything was OK.


Dear Mom & Dad, :)

The MTC is so great! I love it here already. Everyone is so
friendly and helpful. I’m getting really excited about the work & I
feel like this is where I am supposed to be right now. My nametag
says “Hermana Smith” so I guess I start off in Spanish right away.
They have you put a sticker on your nametag the first day and
everyone welcomes you and helps you if you get lost. You can
have my sticker for sentimental purposes. (she put the sticker
on the letter) There are two other sisters in my room. So we are
all companions in a threesome. They are both really nice and
friendly. I unpacked all my things tonight. I have a desk all to
myself. I think I’m really going to love it here because I do now
and people have been telling me the hardest time is from now
until Sunday, but I feel fine. I don’t feel any stress at all.
I don’t have to worry about anything besides studying the gospel
and preparing myself to be a good servant for the Lord. We are
divided up into companionships, districts, zones, then missions.
All of the missionaries in my district are going to Chile (2 different
missions though; Concepcion and Santiago East) except for one
of my companions who is going to Madrid, Spain in a couple of
weeks to the MTC there. I don’t have an email address yet but
I’ll let you know when I get one.

My estimated departure date is 05 October but I’ll let you know
flight plans and dates when I get them. Thank you so much for
being the best parents I could have asked for. I’m having a great
time here so don’t worry about me. I love you both so much!
Keep me in your thoughts & prayers (especially that I will be
able to learn Spanish). Much love to everyone.

Love
Hermana Smith - that’s me :)

No comments: