Sami singing the song she wrote

Saturday, September 5, 2009

more email from Sept 4

Sami's dad sent her the link to an interview with Ted Lyon who is the current president of the Santiago Temple. She, of course, can not watch the video, but the following are her comments to some of the points from the interview that her Dad mentioned in his email to her. I am very impressed at how much she sounds like a missionary (which of course she is). He did say that 'Ted Lyon comes across as a friendly, knowledgeable straight-talker with long experience in Chile and the church.'

I understand your concern about the way the past has been run but I do have one thing to say now before I run out of time. If you really want to find out about the church you need to read the Book of Mormon. I don't know what your sources are but I know that you can't judge the poems of Henry Wadsworth Longfellow by someone else's words. If you want proof that the Book of Mormon and this church aren't true than read the Book of Mormon for yourself and follow the promise in Moroni 10:3-5 and you will get your answer. But I promise you that if you are sincere that answer will not be that the church is false and is trying to con people in some way. I'm not sure what your full view of the church is but I know that it is led by God through the prophet. I'm not even sure what your views about God are. Here's a deal. You think about my words and I'll think about yours. I promise. I love you so much. My time on the computer is gone and I'm scared it will (die on me). love sami

No comments: