Sami singing the song she wrote

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Sami's letter to President Humphrey, Aug 2, 2010

President Humphrey,

So far I love Constitution. I feel very at home here and the people are so good. This past week we found 10 new investigators, and some are even in the same family. I learned many things in Concepcion and I am so grateful to be able to implement changes for the things I learned better. I really like the new lessons in Preach My Gospel. I'm trying the best I can to use every opportunity. My new companion, Sister Cortes, is helping me focus to help investigators to have the same goal as we do to help them make sacred covenants with Heavenly Father. I know without a doubt that we shall see miracles together. Her testimony is very powerful and I can feel the spirit testifying with us in the lessons. I'm still working to feel led by the Spirit and really understand what that means.

This coming week is a year since I started my mission, or 10 months here in Chile. It is difficult to believe that much time has passed. And to think that it is possible that I will die (end her mission) here in the Constitution is the strangest. I remember you told me in interviews that these last six months of my mission will be the most productive of all others. Hopefully so. I will work to pass as well. I feel there are more people that the Lord wants me to help and that there is more progress than he wants me to make. So I have much time to do so. This must be done, no more.

I have a question so I can advise my parents. I'm not sure when my end date is for my mission. I will have been on it for one and a half years on February 5 but do not know when the transfers are.

Thank you very much for everything!

sincerely,
Sister Smith

Presidente Humphrey,

Hasta ahora me encanta Constitución. Siento muy en casa aqui y la gente es tan buena. Esta semana pasada encontramos a 10 nuevos investigadores, y algunos son una familia incluso. Aprendí muchas cosas en Concepción y estoy tan agradecida por poder cambiarme para aplicar las cosas que aprendí mejor. Me gusta muchísimo las nuevas lecciones de Predicad Mi Evangelio. Estoy tratando lo mejor que pueda de utilizarlas en cada oportunidad que tenga. Mi nueva compañera la Hermana Cortes me ayuda bastante a enfocarme enpoder ayudar a los investigadores a tener la misma meta que tenemos nosotros de ayudarles a hacer convenios sagrados con Padre Celestial. Sé sin ninguna duda que verémos milagros juntas. Su testimonio es muy poderoso y puedo sentir el Espíritu testificando con nosotras en las lecciones. Todavía estoy trabajando para sentirme guiada por el Espíritu y realmente entender que significa eso.

Esta semana que viene cumpliré un año en la misión, o sea, 10 meses aqui en Chile. Igual es difícil a creer que tanto tiempo ha pasado. Y al pensar en que es posible que voy a morir aqui en Constitución es lo más extraño. Yo recuerdo que me dijo usted en las úlitimas entrevistas, que esas últimos 6 meses de mi misión serán los más productivos de todos los demás. Ojala que sea así. Trabajaré para que pase así. Siento que hay más personas que el Señor quiere que yo ayude y que hay más progreso que Él quiere que tenga yo. Entonces me queda mucho tiempo para lograrlo. Hay que hacerlo, no más.

Tengo una consulta para que pueda advidar a mis papás. No estoy segura cuando cae mi fecha para salir de la misión. Cumplo un año y medio el 5 de Febrero pero no sé cuando caen los cambios.

Muchas gracias por todo!

sinceramente,
Hermana Smith

No comments: