Sami singing the song she wrote

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

letter and pictures from Nov 28

(I sent Sami a list of 25 things that I am grateful for, so she decided to reciprocate)
A ver, intentaré a hacer una lista de las cosas por las cuales estoy agradecida.

1. My mother who is my # 1 fan
2. The informative articles Dad sends me every week without fail
3. The fact that my sister´s boyfriend´s name sounds like a dessert
4. Being in another country
5. Learning a new language and culture
6. A companion who puts up with me (most of the time)
7. A hija after the manner of my own heart
8. The chance to know amazing people who are so cool and so strong in their faith
9. The ability to create things
10. Listening to music or even just the waves of the ocean
11. Mondays because I get to hear from my family!
12. A fleece blanket to keep me warm always
13. The Gospel in my life
14. The privilege of teaching other people about the Gospel
15. Lifelong friends I´ve made in such a short time
16. My killer family which is the definition of legit
17. Cheap fruit in Chile
18. My baby sister who I´ve never met but who I hear so much about
19. My adorable nieces and nephews
20. Family Game Night
21. Christmas in Chile TWICE
22. The opportunity to get a good education
23. I was really hoping Thanksgiving was on the 23rd (I am thankful for Converse)
24. Technology so that far away isn´t that far after all
25. A healthy body and mind

Is it sad that that took me a lot longer than I thought it would? Yep. That´s sad. Mom, I´m really excited to hear your Spanish en la carne. We haven´t had any snow here. Actually I don´t think it ever snows here... The weather keeps warming up. Love it. I am trying to give away all my winter stuff to a good home. I don´t really have much left now. I figure it will be a lot easier for me to get the winter stuff I need when I get back than for other Hermanas to wait to get good stuff from their parents. My personal attempt at charity. Haha. Just kidding.

So I´ve gotten in to making crafts. So far I´ve made a couple of headbands and a little flower hair clip. I´m pretty in to it. With all my spare time, you know. That last part was a joke. So... I bet you want to know about cambios......
(this is where her email ended - luckily she sent a follow up)

 Here are cambios. I will just tell you for all of the Hermanas so you don´t have to worry about finding out about all your conocidos.

Constitución
I am going with Hermana Melton to be in her sector with her investigators and am leaving the people I was teaching
Hermana Hardy is coming to be companions with Hermana Enders

San Javier (the same as it was)
Leggett y Robertson
McCombs y Jarrett (will become a trio when Hna Leggett leaves in 3 weeks)

Linares
Knapp (Training)
Cortes y Da Luz

San Carlos
Tzorin (Training)
Rockwood (Training in Trio) y Barretto

Santa Sabina (the same as it was)
Meikle y Whipple
Connley y Soderquist

I am sending some pictures too but I don´t have time to explain them all right now so have fun with that. You can guess what you think the story behind each picture is if you want... So I am really excited to work with Hna Melton and the investigators from the other sector, I actually know a lot of them already. I am also super excited for Hna Hardy to come here. She is awesome. She´s media hippy like I am. :)

We have a couple of really good investigators who have come to church and have a baptismal date so I am really excited that I can still be here to help out if Hermana Enders and Hermana Hardy need it with them. AND I will be able to be there for their baptism! And we found an amazing family that I already love and the other Hermanas are going to have such an awesome time teaching them. I feel really good about this cambio. Which also means that I am spending Christmas in Conti and dying here (dying means ending your mission - she is assuming that they won't move her for just one cambio - but one never knows). Oh Yeah. Well, eso es todo por ahora. Les amo muchísimo!

con cariño,
Hermana Smith



 Hermanas Smith and Enders
 Hermanas Smith and Melton








No comments: