Sami singing the song she wrote

Thursday, November 18, 2010

letter from Nov 15

We don´t need to go south. I would rather spend more time with people. I am confident that I will come back to Chile some day and that I will be able to see all the cool southern stuff then. I would much rather spend quality time with the people that I taught and met here before I go. (discussing my trip to Chile to pick her up)
 
Sounds like you guys had a fun weekend. We found an amazing new investigator named Carolina. She is the daughter of a new convert named Domingo from January. She is so cute. She is 22 just like us and she came to church with us on Sunday. We have only shared with her twice but those two lessons were some of the most spiritual experiences that I have had in my whole mission. The presence of the Holy Ghost was so strong. I literally felt like He was guiding our words like in D&C 50:13-22. So cool. Hermana Enders and I kneeled down after we left the second lesson with Heavenly Father to thank Him for the amazing experience that we had. Carolina is so ready to have these blessings in her life. we will be working a ton with her to help her prepare her for baptism. She felt the Spirit too and wants to be baptized at the end of this month. Please pray for her, she is so amazing I know that Satan will be working hard against her. But God is way stronger. :)
We have some other amazing families that need to keep their commitments so they can feel the Holy Ghost more and progress spiritually. Doralisa and her daughters, Lorena and her family, and some other awesome people. I hope I don´t get moved because there is so much amazing work here but I also know that whatever happens that God is behind it. He knows where I need to be to finish my mission and I trust what He thinks.
 
I know that I still have a ton of time left but sometimes I think about how excited I am to see you, Mom. You really are the best thing that has ever happened to me. No offense to anyone else... Mom, you really are my #1 fan and that helps me a lot to know and feel that. Did I tell you that Oscar is excited to meet you and that he is already planning to give you a hug? Prepare yourself. :)
 
Well, loves for all.
 
love,
Hermana Smith

No comments: