Sami singing the song she wrote

Monday, June 21, 2010

Sami's letter to President Chavez - June 21

President Chavez

Surely the Lord hears and answers prayers! Yesterday we had a baptism of a woman who is married to a member of the church. They are a young couple and super super good. They have a son a few months old and not have their eyes on an eternal family. To me this is the vision: to help people achieve an eternal family. I want the people I teach to come to the Celestial Kingdom with all of their family. Every time I see someone reaching the waters of baptism  it helps strengthen my own testimony of missionary work and the importance of this time I'm taking to serve.

I had another good experience this past week about the Vision. Sister Robertson and I were contacting a part of our area which is a bit more cop (?) But last night we planned to go work for a few hours looking for new Investigators. It was raining and no one would let us in. It started to discourage me a bit because I started thinking about my dad (being Father's Day) and how I like to spend time with my family on an important day like that. In spite of that, I tried to follow with the intention and decided to end a part of the street and then go somewhere else. We found a super nice woman who accepted the teachings of baptism and baptismal now has a target by July.

I am so grateful for the experiences that Heavenly Father has given me to help me understand little by little, in my ability to comprehend. He is always very patient with me and despite my weaknesses and moments of discouragement and laziness, He helps me to repent and go on. What a blessing it is to help every person to experience that feeling!

See you this Thursday!

with love,

Sister Smith
Presidente Chávez,

Seguramente el Señor escucha y contesta oraciones! Ayer tuvimos un bautismo de una mujer que es casada con un miembro de la iglesia. Son un matrimonio súper joven y también súper bueno. Tienen un hijo de pocos meses no más y tienen su vista fija en una familia eterna. Para mi, eso es la Visión: ayudar a las personas a lograr una familia eterna. Quiero que las personas que yo enseño lleguen al Reino Celestial con todo su familia. Cada vez que veo a alguien llegar a las aguas del bautismo me ayuda a fortalecer mi propio testimonio de la obra misional y la importancia de este tiempo que estoy dando para trabajar.

Tuvo una otra experiencia buena esta semana pasada en cuanto a la Visión. Hermana Robertson y yo estábamos contactando en una parte de nuestro sector que es un poquito más cuico (?) pero planificamos la noche anterior de ir por aya y trabajar por algunas horas buscando nuevos investigadores. Estaba lloviendo y nadie quiso dejarnos pasar. Yo empezé a desanimarme un poco porque empezé a pensar en mi papá (siendo día de papá) y como me gustaría pasar tiempo con mi propia familia en un día importante como ese. Al pesar de eso, traté de seguir con animo y decidimos de terminar una parte de la calle y después ir por otro lado. Nos encontramos con una mujer super buena en esa parte que aceptó las enseñanzas de bautismo y ahora tiene una meta bautismal por el mez de julio.

Estoy tan agradecida por las experiencias que Padre Celestial me da para ayudarme a entender poco en poco, según mi habilidad de comprender. Siempre Él tiene muchísima paciencia con migo y al pesar de mis debilidades y momentos de desanimo y flojera, Él me ayuda a arrepentirme y seguir de nuevo sin las cargas que estaba trayendo antes. Que bendición que traimos para ayudar a todas las persona a experimentar esa sensación!

Nos vemos este jueves!

con cariño,

No comments: